What’s on Your Horizon?
Travel the world to find yourself.
The Carpe Diem Experience
Learn how to get outside of your comfort zone.
Here at Carpe Diem Education we know that incredible amounts of growth occur after high school and recognize moving straight across the conventional academic timeline doesn’t always allow for this. Whether you feel burnout from the classroom-based approach or are searching for more, our programs offer fresh, hands-on experiences all over the world. We push you outside your comfort zones, focus on personal development, immerse you into new cultures and more. With access to college credit and financial aid you can do all of this and stay on course with the typical four year college trajectory. After the Gap Year experience, our students have more clarity and passion, a stronger sense of self, and a more global perspective. Therefore, they tend to thrive in whatever they endeavor afterwards, be that a four year university or a career path.
Why take a Gap Year?
Our top reasons to enroll in a Gap Year.
- Learn how to be independent, self-reliant, and overcome challenges.
- Find yourself and discover what’s important in life before most people do.
- See what’s beyond your comfort zone and show you aren’t afraid of taking risks.
- Take a breather and reevaluate priorities if you’re burned-out or want to avoid burning out.
- Become a citizen of the world and enrich your cross-cultural awareness.
- Experience global adventure in your prime.
- Meet new kinds of folks, make new friends, and acquire some serious people skills.
- Make time for the things you couldn’t in high school, and catch up with the real you.
- Learn outside the classroom to find what you love before starting college—and improve your college performance.
- Strengthen essential job and life skills while building your resume in exceptionally creative ways.
Through a dynamic and holistic curriculum, Carpe Diem students are challenged to step outside of their comfort zone and learn about themselves and the world around them through our hands-on learning process. With an emphasis on experiential learning, each program is designed to actively engage students and challenge them to contextualize their experience through reflection.
For students that are looking to expand upon their in-country learning through a more formalized academic curriculum, we are proud to offer a wide range of college courses through our local partnership with Portland State University. We believe that this integrative approach to learning engages the mind, body, and spirit of our students, while providing opportunities to cultivate their passions and strengths.
Regional Semesters (3 Months)
Tuition + Room and Board: $11,900-$14,900
Program fee includes all food, accommodations, scheduled program activities, and international health insurance for the duration of the program. Airfare not included
Latitudes Year (8 Months)
Tuition + Room and Board: $20,900-$23,900
Airfare not included