CARPE DIEM EDUCATION
Carpe Diem Scholarships
Let’s face it; experiential travel programs can be expensive. We realize that even with all the funding opportunities through Financial Aid and education accounts, our programs can still be out of range for many students.
At Carpe Diem, we strive to support equity and access. We aspire to increase diversity and inclusivity within our community of staff, local contacts, and students. We are also committed to having a responsible presence in Portland, our home city.
To that end, we have designed a three-pronged scholarship program to support socioeconomic diversity within our student groups. Our three scholarship options are:
- Access Scholarship
- Inclusion Scholarship
- Carpe Mundi Scholarship
- Up to two $5,000 scholarships/year and four $2,500 scholarships/year
- Must be eligible to receive Federal Pell Grant through a FAFSA submission
- Participant in a Fall group semester or the Latitudes Year
- Priority consideration will be given to students of color and first generation college students
- Have submitted a program application or have already been accepted into a Carpe Diem program
Deadlines & Notification
- For priority application review, please submit your application by May 1st
- For applications received after May 1st, if there are scholarship funds remaining, we will review your scholarship application as soon as possible and be back in touch if we are able to offer you financial support
- Up to six $1,000-$2,000 scholarships/year
- Demonstrated need to fund a Carpe Diem experience
- Open to students on all Carpe Diem programs
- Recipients could include: students without familial financial support, students whose families are experiencing financial hardship, low-income international students, etc.
Deadlines & Notification
- Applications are accepted on a first come, first served basis
- Scholarship applications are reviewed after students have received their acceptance into the program
Carpe Mundi Scholarship
In addition to the scholarships above, Carpe Diem supports Portland-based students through the Carpe Mundi Scholarship. Carpe Mundi, the non-profit branch of Carpe Diem, organizes a full-year mentorship program for low-income, first-generation college students from the Portland area, including participation on a Carpe Diem Gap Year semester. Carpe Diem provides up to $150,000/year in scholarships to support 30 Carpe Mundi students.
To learn more about Carpe Mundi, visit www.carpemundi.org.